Sunday, December 6, 2009

Inskip Point

A belated report into our Melbourne Cup this year. Spent the day before and after at Inskip Point, doing very little really.

Used the Toyota Landcruiser farm ute to tow with this time. Useless compared to the Terracan.
I doubt we will try that again. Mainly took the ute so we could drive on the beach but without sand tyres, it was still a bit of a struggle. Probably should have let the tyres down a lot more but couldn't really be bothered. Just lazed around for a few days.

We went to Inskip at this particular time because there was no school holidays and thought it would be fairly desserted. Wrong! Dozens of people there, some are there full time although there is supposed to be a maximum stay of thirty days.

I picked the winner of the Cup which was just about a cert when I forgot the password for my internet TAB account and it locked me out. Oh well, I would only have bet a few dollars anyway.

All in all, not my favourite trip, I am not into sand between the toes all the time. But it is a nice place to visit with great beach scenery etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment