Thursday, January 14, 2010

After Arno Bay

Thursday January 14, 2010

We left Arno bay on Monday heading south towards Port Lincoln.  The outside air temperature on the road, was 45°C, so at Tumby Bay we decided to check into the CP so we could use the AirCon.  It was blowing like a cyclone as well but the air was very hot.  Cooled down a bit late in the afternoon.

Tumby Bay is a bit bigger than Arno Bay and we were surprised at the amount of building going on, Canal Estates etc, very expensive houses to my eye.  Someone here must be making a quid.

Next morning we continued to Port Lincoln and booked into the Top Tourist CP for two days.  When we left Tumby Bay the air temperature was 19°C.  It is amazing how quickly conditions change down here.
Went shopping in the afternoon, caravan clock died so we got one from a van dealer here.  And next day, Wednesday, we drove around a tourist trail and checked out a few sights.  The Tuna and Prawning Boats were interesting.  In the afternoon we spoke to two young fellows who had paid $200 each for a Fishing Trip and were cleaning their catch.  One Flathead and 24 King George Whiting.  I thinkthat works out at about $8 a fillet so I hope they enjoyed them.

This morning, Thursday 14, we left the CP and went to a Maritime Museum, pretty good value really.  Bit about Tuna Fishing and Whaling, Abalone Diving as well as boat building.

Headed West to Coffin Bay and we are staying the night here.  Bought a bag of Oysters from one of the many cleaning and packing sheds, cost $7-50 for 13 oysters plus another one the lady opened to show me how it is done, so I couldn't waste it could I?  Kathy looked up some recipes on the internet and so we had some of them Kilpatrick.

This afternoon we drove around the Coffin Bay National Park which is reminicient of the Great Ocean Road.  Lots of Sand, Cliffs and Water just like WA etc but I guess it was pretty spectacular scenery.

Then drove around to the other side of the Bay, and once again some very fancy houses here, much money but I guess some of that is from the Oysters.





No comments:

Post a Comment